- Postdoc from National Taiwan University, Taipei City, Taiwan.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry from Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar, Haryana, India.
- B.Sc in Chemistry from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Haryana, India.
- B. Kishore, B. Singh and Surender Kumar, “Graphene-based nanocatalysts for oxygen reduction and evolution reactions in metal-oxygen batteries”, Current Catalysis, 2018, 7, 158.
- Surender Kumar et al., “Cobalt diselenide nanorods grafted on graphitic carbon nitride (CoSe2@g-C3N4): a synergistic catalyst for oxygen reactions in rechargeable Li-O2 battery”, ChemElectroChem, 2018, 5, 29.
- Surender Kumar, et al., “Electrochemical Investigations of Co3Fe-RGO as a bifunctional catalyst for oxygen reduction and evolution reactions in alkaline medium”, Applied Surface Science, 2017, 418, 79.
- Surender Kumar and N Munichandraiah, “Magnesium cobalt silicate as a bifunctional catalyst for the O2 electrode and its application in Li-O2 cells”, Catalysis Science & Technology, 2016, 6, 6716.
- Surender Kumar, C. Selvaraj, L.G. Scanlon, N. Munichandraiah, “Ag nanoparticles–anchored reduced graphene oxide catalyst for oxygen electrode reaction in aqueous electrolytes and also a non-aqueous electrolyte for Li-O2 cells”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2014, 16, 22830.