- Ph.D. in Physics (Condensed Matter Physics) from Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi, India.
- M.Sc. in Physics (Electronics) from M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (U.P.), India.
- B.Sc. in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry from M.J.P. Rohilkhand University Bareilly (U.P.), India.
|Area of Expertise:
Current research is focused on applied aspects of synthesis, characterizations and applications of inorganic nanostructures and composites. Specific aspects include;
- Synthesis of graphene and other 2D materials and their composites.
- Phase behaviour, rheology and processing of 2D materials.
- 2D materials based; thin films, foams, aerogels and polymer composites for thermal management and electromagnetic interference (EMI) shielding applications.
- 2D materials for energy storage and catalysis applications.
- Pradip Kumar, “2D nanomaterials for electromagnetic interference shielding application”, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1002/admi.201901454.
- Kie Yong Cho, Yong Sik Yeom, Heun Young Seo, Pradip Kumar, Kyung-Youl Baek and Ho Gyu Yoon, “A facile synthetic route for highly durable mesoporous platinum thin film elecrocatalysts based on graphene: morphology and support effects on oxygen reduction reaction”, Journal of Material Chemistry A, 2017, 5, 3129.
- Pradip Kumar, Seunggun Yu, Faisal Shahzad, Soon Man Hong, Yoon-Hyun Kim and Chong Min Koo, “Ultrahigh electrical and thermally conductive self-aligned graphene/polymer composite using large-area graphene oxide”, Carbon, 2016, 101, 120.
- Pradip Kumar, Faisal Shahzad, Seunggun Yu, Soon Man Hong, Yoon-Hyun Kim and Chong Min Koo, “Large-area reduced graphene oxide thin film with excellent thermal conductivity and electromagnetic interference shielding effectiveness”, Carbon, 2015, 94, 494.
- Pradip Kumar, U N Maiti, K E Lee and Sang Ouk Kim “Rheological properties of graphene oxide liquid crystal”, Carbon, 2014, 80, 453.